The Machinist will be responsible for programming, setting up, and operating CNC Mills and Lathes.
Essential Job Requirements:
Assure that all parts are machined to print specification. This employee will work with area team members to maximize productivity and efficiency. Must be willing to cross-train on multiple CNC lathes in the area. Individual must learn to operate cranes and forklifts.
- High School diploma and/or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of reading part prints
- Knowledge of calibrating tools
- Forklift and crane license preferred
- Create programs and alter programs as needed
- Set-up machine to run parts
- Perform daily maintenance tasks and inspections of machines
- Routine inspections on calibration tools
- Check tolerances of all parts being run on the machines to match print specifications
- Review and log out completed shop orders
- Move parts to various departments of the manufacturing plant
- Other duties as assigned
*must be eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is, and will continue to be, the policy of Sukup Manufacturing Co. to practice a program of equal employment designed to assure that all employment decisions and advancement opportunities are made available to all employees and applicants on the basis of individual qualifications and without unlawful regard to race, religion, veteran status, national origin, disability, age or sex.
In addition to providing equal employment opportunities, it is also our policy to provide an environment free from unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment. Any alleged violation of this policy will be investigated and disciplinary action will follow as required.