The Legal Executive Assistant position will perform a wide range of duties and report to the Sukup Manufacturing Co. Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel. This individual will perform such duties as aiding in complex document production and organization, monitoring and answering emails, coordinating meetings, and working on special projects. Also responsible for preparing correspondence and assembling confidential and sensitive information. An Executive Legal Assistant must represent the Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel of the Company in a highly professional manner.
Essential Job Requirements:
High School diploma and Associate Degree preferred or equivalent experience. This individual must have exceptional organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and multi-task. Additionally, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and present the company in a professional image. Essential to maintain absolute confidentiality, attention to details and high accuracy. Overtime hours may be required.
An advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel functions.
- Provide general administrative support for the Sukup legal department, including managing calendars, organizing meetings, handling mailings, drafting correspondence, legal research, and assisting in creating presentations
- Completing many administrative tasks, including, working on individual cases or transactions
- Investigating topics and potential litigation situations, preparing exhibits, charts and diagrams to display information
- Drafting legal documents, transactional documents, contracts and real estate leases
- Conducting routine discovery
- Obtaining due diligence materials, such as corporate certificates of good standing, real estate and title information, and securities filings
- Organizing and tracking files for high level and confidential transactions and/or projects
- Creating and maintaining a case-management database
- Manage outlook emails, contacts, and calendar
- Arrange “call backs” and time management
- Calendaring deadlines
- Maintain Contact Lists
- Executive meeting notes & agendas as needed
- Assist with board documents and minutes as needed
- Ensure licenses and certifications are current
- Perform back up receptionist duties
- Ensure proper handling and storage of legally privileged documents
- Document management following production requests
- Maintain complex document storage system
- Drafting letters
- Review corporate public records
- Coordinate communications with outside counsel
- Assist in managing IP portfolio
- Provide contract management support, including finalizing and abstracting contracts and overseeing the company's contract management platform
- Manage invoices, track legal budget on a quarterly basis
- Facilitate expense reporting
- Manage the Registered Agent intake platform, including docketing of key dates and status tracking, and coordinating notarizations and apostilles
- Manage memberships, dues, and subscriptions
- Arrange travel and accommodations
- Assist with corporate subsidiary governance as needed
- Other duties as assigned
*must be eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is, and will continue to be, the policy of Sukup Manufacturing Co. to practice a program of equal employment designed to assure that all employment decisions and advancement opportunities are made available to all employees and applicants on the basis of individual qualifications and without unlawful regard to race, religion, veteran status, national origin, disability, age or sex.
In addition to providing equal employment opportunities, it is also our policy to provide an environment free from unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment. Any alleged violation of this policy will be investigated and disciplinary action will follow as required.