The Sukup Fastir® Stirring Machine is simply the best stirring machine available. Patented mechanical reversing makes the Fastir trouble-free, and constant pitch augers move more grain than the graduated pitch augers of other stirring machines.
Benefits of Stirring
- Stirring mixes the driest grain at the bottom of the bin with the wetter grain toward the top which results in more uniform moisture content
- University tests have shown less than 1% moisture variation from top to bottom in stirred grain
- Stirring loosens grain, reduces static pressure and increases airflow. This means grain dries more quickly and efficiently. Iowa State University tests have found that by using a stirring machine in wet grain with a powered spreader, airflow is increased by 33%.
- Stirring grain mixes wet and dry layers of grain to extend storage life and breaks up “hot spots”
- Since the stirring auger is surrounded by a cushion of grain rather than a steel tube, there are no pinch points to damage the grain
- For more information on proper grain drying and storage techniques, check out our "Managing Stored Grain" section
- The patented mechanical reversing drive on the Fastir® is the only one of its kind, making it the simplest and most dependable stirring machine on the market
- Drive mechanism is operated by a single drive wheel
- The movement of a lever by the reversing plate changes the angle of the drive wheel, moving the carriage in and out on the crosstube
- This simple process eliminates the need for electric reversing switches, drive gearboxes, chains and cables
- Down Augers are the key to optimum stirring
- Long-wearing, hard-faced down augers are standard on Sukup stirring machines
- Down augers have 1” shafts and ¼” hard-faced flighting
- Various auger lengths are available to match bin sidewall heights; for best operation, down auger length should not exceed 20’
- Sukup down augers are covered by a two-year unconditional warranty
- The pitch on a Sukup auger is constant for better stirring. Constant pitch augers fill only at the bottom where the driest grain is located. Other companies use graduated pitch augers, which pick up small amounts of grain their entire length, so less dried grain is moved.
- Sukup augers can be used to stir corn, beans, rice, wheat, barley, sunflowers, popcorn, milo, sorghum, oats, and fescue
- Sukup augers continuously work forward while they move in and out on the crosstube. This ensures that all grain is being stirred.
- An angled drive bearing, along with the downward pull of the augers, ensure a positive changing pattern
- Constant pitch augers pull dried grain from the bottom, thoroughly mixing it with the wetter grain at the top; this process also loosens the grain to increase airflow for faster drying
- Sukup is the only company that offers a kit for easily adding more stirring augers as additional drying capacity is needed. With other brands, this would require a major overhaul or a totally new machine.
- A heavy-duty gearmotor gives greater reliability
- The exclusive rotating contact is heated to stay dry, even under high moisture conditions
- For greater personal safety, the standard inside bin ladder may be used with Sukup stirring machines. This eliminates hauling a cumbersome ladder in and out of the bin.
- Sukup uses heavy-duty motors that are fan-cooled, totally enclosed and protected by a thermal overload, 1-½ HP per auger standard. (2 HP recommended on 1-phase machines with 20’ or longer augers)
- Single- and three-phase units available
- A tilt switch on each carriage controls forward movement for trouble-free operation
- Sukup track mounts higher in the bin than any competing units, giving up to 680 bu of extra storage in a 36’ diameter bin
- Heavy-duty 4-½” crosstube on machines in bins under 40’ diameter and 5-½” crosstube on machines in bins 40’ diameter and larger provide maximum strength
- Offset hangers provide better stirring in center of bin to break up the concentration of fines over the center sump
- Angled shield on carriages allows stirring closer to the wall
- No zerks to grease
- Stabilizer kit (standard on all Fastirs) helps to keep the down augers vertical and moving forward consistently, even in wet grain
Fastir Plus Features
- The Sukup Fastir Plus has all the features of our standard Fastir, like mechanical reversing and constant pitch down augers, but we’ve added a stationary auger to stir along the bin wall. This auger ensures complete stirring around the outside of the bin, where a large portion of the grain is located.
- Optional monitoring systems alarms if stirring machine stops moving
- Mounts Higher in Bin for Maximum Grain Drying Capacity
- Reliable Mechanical Reversing Assembly
- Easily Adds Carriages & Down Augers
- Constant Pitch Down Augers
Wonderful company that really cares about their customers, employees, and community!